Edit to add: I wrote this post on the 17th of May. I saved it instead of posting it. I really should have posted it, so now instead of keeping it as a draft, I am back-dating it to the 17th of May.
A third of 2014 is over. I didn’t make any resolutions for 2014, instead I gave myself a 30 things that I would like to achieve by the time I am thirty. Some of the things on the list are easy, some of the things are things I would like to focus on to improve my family life / quality time with my husband and or my kids and some of the things are really hard. Nearly impossible.
It’s been a hectic year! Here is what we’ve been busy with:
RECAP OF THE FIRST FOUR MONTHS OF 2014
- We started potty training Oliver at home a couple of weeks ago. The school started potty training him as early as February, we’ve been a little lazy ay home. I suppose it is sometimes ‘convenient’ having a kid in nappies rather than running to the toilet every 5 minutes. The good news is, Oliver can control his bladder during the day. Nights are still shaky and pooing is a total nightmare. I.e. we are cleaning dirty underpants daily.
- Logan is doing really well in the Afrikaans school. His first term report card was awesome, we are so proud of him. He has adjusted to the Afrikaans, as if he has been speaking Afrikaans all along. He’s made some friends. And he is making excellent progress overall. Both his speech therapist and the OT is happy with his progress and they are in fact super impressed that he is progressing as fast as he is.
- My word for 2014 is P L A N. I’ve had very good intentions. I made a home management binder and we actually use it! I started a food journal, which I used for the month of January. But have no fear, I am implementing it again this months. It is called… Weight Watchers.
- Gym – lots of going to the gym. In the warmer months we walked the dogs pretty frequently, but now that it gets dark so much earlier, we’ve stopped. Here is my gym stats and looking at it black on white it isn’t half as impressive as I had it in my mind (sad)
- January: 16 visits
- February: 10 visits
- March: 8 visits
- April: 9 Visits
- Healthy eating has been a joke in our house. We try, but before we know it, it is a piece of chocolate or a take away. It is for this reason that I have joined Weight Watchers (this is week 1). I hope with the weekly pep-talk and accountability with weigh ins that I will teach myself to make better choices and of course see better results.
- Exam season is upon me. Friday I am writing my first exam. Exam season if generally a tough time for healthy eating, for some reason when I sit down to study, I suddenly feel terribly hungry / thirsty / in need to something to nibble on. I suppose I will need to nip all of that in the butt now! Or revisit nibble treats.
- On a more positive note – I’ve reached my Vitality Gold status for the year and my Vitality age came down from 40 odd to 32. Which in all fairness is still 3 years older than my actual age – but better than 13 years!
- Kobus and I attended a 6 week parenting course, by Chip Ingram
- The Swart family has been away on a camping / fishing weekend. Total madness and freezing cold. But it was fun and the kids loved it.