There is nothing like a birthday to remind you of the looming birthday milestone that is now officially less than a year away! I will save the birthday post for another time. For now I would like to focus on my progress for the month of August and goals for September.
Goals for August were:
13 x Gym work-outs13 Work outs on the dot
- 10 x walk the dogs –> I managed 6 walks / runs
Try to bake something banting friendly–> I meant to be adventurous, but alas all I managed to bake were the banting seed crackers. They were delish, consumed by children and adults alike in a matter of days. Submit a whole bunch of unisa assignments.I’ve submitted 2 in the months of August and another 2 in this week. Take progress photos –-> I took photos on the 8th and 27th of August Have one date with my husbandK and I had the day to ourselves on the 29th of August – we had breakfast and went to the cinema
All in all a very good month goal wise.
Kilos, Centimeters & Comments:
Kilo wise I am a little disappointed – I’ve only lost 1.5kg. I have done a bit of introspection and I have come up with some reasons /
excuses / explanations / areas for improvement for myself as follow.
- I have stopped my weekly weigh ins at Weight Watchers. It was bound to stop the WW at some point in time, I mean it is pretty pointless to attend a class where I do exactly the opposite of what they preach. I did have the support & accountability of the group leader. Which to a certain extent is what I am missing at the moment.
- I have stopped keeping my food diary. Yes we plan a weekly menu and so I still have an overview of what we’ve been eating. But the actual documenting of all the things I have eaten on a said day has sort of fallen away.
- FAT vs Protein. Mid August I came to the realisation I was getting hungry a lot quicker again. Around the same time I noticed I had reduced my fat intake and increased my protein intake. It really is a post on it’s own, but I think it plays a crucial part in why my results are less than satisfactory.
- CARB Day! My birthday was declared a carb day. Plain and simple.
- Chocolate – even 85% dark chocolate
I lost a total of 15 cm overall loss for the month of August. (Much better)
Comments (Exercise Etc)
- I have fallen in love with Pilates. I can feel myself getting stronger and that’s an amazing feeling!
- One of my 30 before 30 goals is to run a 5k. So naturally with the looming milestone I decided I mustn’t waste any more time. My cousin recommended the 5K Runner App. One of the things that I like about the app is that I can still track and record my run with the Nike + app while making use of the 5K Runner app.
- 13 x Gym workouts
- 12 x Run-Jog-Walks (enjoy the sweet outdoor smells)
- Focus on the Fat in Low Carb High Fat
- Document – document – document. (4-30Sep)
- Progress pics | Measurements | Consistent Weekly Weigh in
- Submit a whole bunch of UNISA assigns (timeously)
- No Carb cheats, not even on Oliver’s birthday!
- Take more photos
How was your August?