I can’t give you the exact day… I can give you the day I decided to blog about it. And that is kind of the same ?
If you didn’t know it, I have curly hair. And if you know anyone with curly hair, you would know conditioner, anti-frizz, mousse etc is our best friend. Who needs a hair brush – as long as you have conditioner? Hair Dryer – don’t need one of those
as long as I have conditioner ever *
A couple of months ago a friend told me of a little tip to keep head lice away from my kids head’s permanently. We’ve had one or two incidences with lice. It wasn’t pleasant! It has lead to drastic measures to keep them away from my family, permanently!
All I did was to add 20 drops of tea tree oil to our shampoos. (about 5 drops more than recommended, just in case, you never know…)
According to Teatreeoilforhair.org there are numerous other non-lice-related benefits for using tea tree oil for your hair:
- This oil is extremely effective for hair and scalp treatment.
- Be it dandruff, split ends, fungal infection, itchy and other scalp concerns, the Tea Tree Oil will give your scalp and hair a healthy treat.
- The oil from tea tree is well known for its effective treatment of viral and bacterial infections. These attributes leave your hair protected against many forms of scalp irritants.
- This medicinal oil nourishes and moisturizes both scalp and hair.
I cannot comment on all of these points, mainly because I don’t really pay attention (there I said it). I will however admit that during the winter, laziness got the better of me and I decided to cut out the conditioning part of my hair cleansing routine. I should have noticed that my hair was kind to me even though I didn’t condition – which is pretty unusual! Normally my hair becomes grassy without a conditioner. But it didn’t. After a while I noticed the lonely bottle of conditioner left untouched. And then earlier in the week I coloured my hair and for some or other reason I changed products. This left me in a position where I felt the need to condition my hair and believe it or not the feeling of conditioner on my head didn’t bother me. But a couple of days later I find myself at the awkward age of 16 (again) with a face full of pimples!
At first I thought my hormones must be in one big bad jumble! But it isn’t the normal pimple around that time of the month. This is a wopping F O U R pimples towards the right of my chin and two or three on my forehead towards my hairline.
This was when I realised it could only be the conditioner. Disgusting stuff!
Do you use hair conditioner religiously? What other natural alternatives do you make use of in your beauty regime?
* Did you know I do not own a hair dryer? A long long time ago I owned a hair tong, but I really don’t see the value in it for me specifically. If I want straight hair, I go to a professional!