It has been a while. I suppose that is because things are good and I’ve had little reason to write.
The pace has been a bit faster than I would have preferred the past couple of months, both at home and especially at work. September was the last month I managed to review, but instead of wasting away hours to reflect on the months of October and November, or worse – skip them entirely – I thought I’d do a quick overview, right here.
October was a hectic month of commuting to our Rivonia branch to train and upskill some of the staff in our Joburg branch. I was pretty devoted to a cause close to my heart in the month. Here are some of the highlights:
- The A21 Walk for Freedom was held on the 15th of October.
- Traffick Wise, is human trafficking awareness seminar that I attended the weekend of the 22nd and 23rd of October
- Logan had his school concert at the end of October. A full week of shows, 6 in total with two dressed rehearsals – madness if you ask me! Logan loved the chaos, even if he was absolutely knackered by the end of the week. In some ways, I think we are still recovering from it.
- November marks the start and end of my ‘getting back on the bant wagon’ adventure, although I have managed to remain pretty disciplined in what I eat and portion control.
- I met a person, that has become a really good friend. He is caring and kind and I really enjoy spending time with him.
- The Brazilian Embassy hosted a Workshop of Capoeira on the 10th of November. It was a whole lot of fun and I got to taste my very first sip of Caipirinha. Beautiful. More on this some other time.
- November means, Christmas Carols and the start of the silly season. We attended the Carols in the Park event at Rietondale Park and nearly got caught in a thunder storm. Thankfully we were all safe.
- Commuted to Joburg CBD by train for a few days, how do people cope? As much of an adventure as it is, it was simply exhausting. I did really loved seeing landmark and graffiti alike in town.
What did I miss over here? Was October and November good to you?