contemplating. user adoption and change management. There are a couple of big project about to be deployed at work
Out and About
What a busy month it’s been! Here’s a breakdown of the month that’s been:
- Two kiddie parties back-to-back on one day! I should receive a medal! Luckily neither were awkward. (AM I THE ONLY ONE that finds kiddie parties, with lots of random parents, awkward?) Luckily it was besties kid’s party, which naturally led to jumping castle activities for adults (all innocent, at least while I was there) and the other was with the Bulletjie Rugby parents. Oliver made a dive from the top of the (second) jumping cast and ended up head first on a concrete slab. That was scary, luckily there were no concussions!
- A friend and I went and watched the long awaited, Me Before You and I loved the film!
- I attended a party, in Midrand and had such a lovely time! Of course, I had some wine and stayed up way passed my bedtime. Ended up staying much later to consumes some coffee because of said wine. This is new to me. Perhaps a bit reckless, but so much fun.
- Gateway to Space Exhibition at the Sandton Convention Center. Kids loved it, Oliver was fascinated with the rockets.
A photo posted by Alet Swart (@alet202) on
- Sop en Brood or Bread and soup evening with some folk from the cell group. It sounds better in Afrikaans? Hey? Best biltong soup ever! I still need to get the recipe. Simply beautiful. And I drank Old Brown Sherry. Disgusting stuff, but it really does warm you up from the inside!
- Staying home when I was supposed to attend (1) another kiddie party and (2) another social event with the cell group peeps. But listening to my body and slowing down when I needed it. Instead I managed to:
- do quite a chunk of an organisational psychology assignment
- dig a hole in my garden and plant some succulents, and
- pick up a paint brush, after years of avoidance. (Show and tell, soon)
In Case You Missed It / You should know…
- I am changing my behaviour to be less destructive. No more going to bed in the stupid hours of the morning or half eleven. (Binge watching House) And getting up bright and early for stretching, breathing and time in prayer and meditation.
- I’ve bought a pair of cheap, stretchy, white trousers. I needed a pair for Capoeira rodas/ Capoeira games/dances/fights. Whatever you want to call it. It is frowned upon to wear anything but white in a game. This could possibly be the only thing I would change about Capoeira. Seriously, white. ?
Anyway. Because my plans of losing weight isn’t going according to plan, yet! I wanted to buy a pair that will fit me now, and be way too big in the near future…. without breaking the bank account.
- I am managing road rage by calling people / random rude drivers, dude and listening to podcasts.
- I’ve managed to survive sinotonsillitis without damaging or harming my children, although I was close to putting them up for auction.
Buy one, get one free. Opening bid will be accepted. My kids are driving me crazy #momlife
— Alet Swart (@alet202) July 28, 2016
Looking forward to
- Bringing a theme into the boys room. Bear for Oliver, Lion for Logan. And speaking life over and into their lives. (before and after, soon)
- Having a gym partner! Bestie and I will be going to gym together soon! Quality time + a good workout.
- The return of the wifi (finally, nearly there)! A big thank you to Jackson the Pretoria based Telkom technician who finally, after two months and two other technicians, managed to install the line. Holding thumbs, activating the line will go smoother, faster, without a tantrum in a Telkom shop!
- The mini-cricket season has started. There goes my Saturday mornings! I am really hoping Oliver (and or I) will enjoy the cricket as much as we enjoyed the Bulletjie Rugby.
- Warmer weather and longer days.