A couple of weeks ago I read a blog post that has literally changed the way I look at life and how I make choices! Sounds hectic – way over the top even, right?
Well here is the crux of it:
- God wants to live in a relationship with me.
- He made me, He doesn’t need to read a manual to figure out how I function, He knows what makes me tick, He simply knows me.
- So why do we keep asking for clarity? For a sign to show me that I am doing the right thing?
- This is where the post comes in. The message read: You don’t have to ask God for clarity – you can simply trust Him. Trust that He knows what is best and will lead the way to your destiny.
Profound article –> Go and Read It.. little bit later, finish here first!
So why if I have decided to make this my little personal motto, do I feel like I am trapped in a practical joke? Hold that though, let me explain:
My goals were pretty simple. As I enter my 30th year of existence I want to achieve the following:
- A healthy weigh. Joined a gym, joined weight watchers. Working my butt off on this one. Failing a bit, getting back on the horse. Rinse and rehash…
- Complete my degree. I have been working on it since 2 0 0 8.. Enough now!
- Clear my debt and buy a house.
Grown up things. Simply moving to the next level of what I image adulthood to be…
I think I am at a point were I am excited about my life. I’ve accepted that I am one of the boys. I have found determination to achieve the things I want in life. Yes, my goals are pretty chunky. Yes, it is going to take a lot to achieve what I want. But I am ready. I am able. I am willing. I want to achieve what I have set my mind on.
And yet in a couple of days all of the above goals seems to be slipping away. Sure I will get there. But I want it all before I am 30. In thirteen and a half months. Right now I am convinced it is not going to happen in my time frame. And to tell you the truth, my personality dictates that I want what I want when I want it. I will bend my back backwards to get what I want. Frustrating…
Can’t say much more that this right now. Need to cross my t’s and dot my I’s.
Guess I will continue trusting my Maker.